25.5.09

Down Memory Lane

I went back home recently to visit one of the under-developed villages in my area. While waiting for my my colleagues I was wandering around my family's house. All these while I didnt realise that my mum is so involved in integrated farming. So..pictures tell a better story..

This pandan coconut is the only one left after my late dad took the other one to his another plot at Tanah Meja. It has been there since the last 7 years and my nephews and nieces have tasted them since the first bud. I've never get a chance to pick one myself though its only 5 ft high. I'm really sure that those 3 in a bunch will disappear once my nephews & nieces coming back for school holidays next week.

Notice the nescafe fish pond? and the banana trees, the large bonzai and the torn bed of grass? The fish pond has several species of fish inside including grass carp, tilapia and catfish. All the banana trees have been booked by mum's customers, just wait for the fruits to be ready for market. The torn grass bed caused by seasonal fishing admirers. They were looking for worms to feed the fish when the fish food runs out

This small stream supplies water to the pond and it is full of edible  black snail which can be as big as 2.5" long. Notice the single stalk of Dalai? The plant can be used to reduce coughing and to liquidate the green mucus. Its fruits can be used for traditional accessories such as earings, neclace, bracelet and even bags!



Here is my mum with her pet...the pregnant buffalo..she dedicated most of her day time with this creature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment